Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesdays & the family TV hour


Ahhhhh so today didn't start off very well as you can read below. BUT i was in for a surprise. Wednesday is me and my stepmom's one and only tv night on which we watch Top Chef & America's Next Top Model. Well the season finale for ANTM was on tonight! The final girls it came down to were this high fashion skinny girl from Hawaii who talked funny and this full-figured Georgia Hottie who's way pretty and has great presence. Well..... we've been rooting for the "fattie" all along (I think she's like a size ten, what is society coming to? hahahah.....) b/c the plus-sized models NEVER make it very far in the competition. They've made it into the top 13 but never the top six, let alone the finale. ANNNNNDDDD I'm proud to announce that Whitney our friend pulled through, gave a great runway and photo performance, and won the whole thing, making history along the way!! We most definitely cheered and it was all great fun to predict correctly who it would come down to and who would win from the very beginning. We love that show mostly for the photo shoots (being that my stepmom is a pro photographer www.atjphoto.com ) and get ideas for lighting and set-ups all the time. ANTM is definitely a favorite of mine and I don't care what anyone thinks or says about that :) 

The OTHER favorite that also happens to be on Wednesday nights is Top Chef Chicago. P.S. we LOVE Bravo (Top Chef / Project Runway / Step it up & Dance / etc.) b/c the people they use are usually already experts in the field of work they're competing for. Makes things much more exciting and entertaining. Gotta love talent and expertise! So we're just about to settle in for Top Chef now. They're down to 6 people on there I think. After American Idol finishes (gag), we are super excited to see So You Think you can Dance? come back! All I can say is blessed be that there is such a thing as DVR so I can watch my 2 shows whenever I have time (which is usually 11 PM before bed). 

And even though today was a bit crazy and the week is running our family ragged, we feel recharged from our one evening of reality tv. And proud of it baby!

No comments: