Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Allergies


Grrrrrrr as you can see below, today is Audition Day. Unfortunately, this spring has been a Nightmare for me on the allergy front. Maybe this is normal, but I don't remember having allergies growing up until the last couple years. Now it's to the point that unless I take medicine, I sound like I've got the worst cold on the planet and have to breathe through my mouth. I sneeze all day long, and blow my nose on average once every minute. This is getting out of hand! I remember growing up and making fun of my dad for getting allergies all the time and being super itchy when he was outside, eyes all red and teary (although he does this part even when he doesn't have allergies hahahah. Love ya dad!), and sinuses in 5:00 rush-hour congestion mode. Now I'm developing ALL of these signs and dreading it with all my might.


I've tried a smattering of allergy products, some which work but only for half the amount of time they promise on the bottle, and which usually are accompanied by a massive attack of drowsiness. The latest in the "flavor-of-the-week" allergy medicines is Zyrtec I think it's called. We'll see how this one fares. It's available over-the-counter so if I like it, I'll be sure to stock up before the mish. Any other suggestions people? Send your good vibes that this medicine lasts through the day at work, all the way till auditions are over. That's all I need; to be up there singing my heart out and then have a trail of snot come trickling out of the nasal cavity like a child at age 2. Sorry, you didn't need that imagery.

No comments: