Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday afternoons

I LOVE Sunday afternoons! After we come home for church we get some of our best family time. Most days go like this: We get home, usually there's some awesome Sunday dinner ready for us and the aroma is to die for after a three hour block of church. We all eat and lounge for a bit, usually followed by a killer game of Hollywood Rummy, Nerds, Dominoes, or what have you. We are super competitive, but in a good way, and we really enjoy the good times that ensue. After we've played our hearts out we retire to one of our many comfy couches for some good book reading. Inevitably a nap is in order after cuddling up w/ the latest novel in a series we love. Finally, we may eat again, and maybe play a little more game action, and then my siblings get all ready to go back to my mom's house and they take off. It's our time to really bond and make memories and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Summertime is even better b/c there's not as many activities going on or homework to mess things up on the weekend. I guess we do the occasional Family Counsel or housework or lesson, etc. but those things i listed above are what I remember most about our sundays. 

So I've got like 2 weeks left at my current job before I start playing for the workshop half-days. Soooo excited for both things. It just feels like time for a change and I'm happy. I'll have 2 months of that before I'm off to Argentina and there will be plenty of shopping time for mission items. Other than that this week is my sis.'s graduation, a couple end of the year events, and dress rehearsal for our group-voice class recital. We're thrilled at the progress those students have each made this year. Till next time!

Bry

No comments: