Thursday, May 8, 2008

Audition report


So, the auditions went really well! I thought I sang to the best of my abilities and I can go away feeling positive about it. I wasn't nervous b/c I was prepared. The director was so nice and had many great compliments for me, so that made the whole thing worth it to know I'm heading in the right direction as a singer and actor both. I think I've really got to work tonight to show them I can be edgy and dark and angry enough to be Cain at call-backs. I get the feeling I've got too nice of a look normally and he requires much more resentment behind his words. Also, I tried for Father (the God type character) and in my opinion he requires someone much older to be the role, but there were only 4 of us who sang for him. We'll see what they do tonight. So much is undecided. There were SOOOO many good people, esp. in the girls who auditioned, and I don't envy the production staff's decisions over the next couple days. I think that I'll have a part in the show, but which one?


The real drama here is I'm really torn between some important family things this summer that I'd have to miss if I joined the cast. I told my parents that I would make the sacrifice of missing family time worth it. There's a lot more to the situation, a lot having to do with my mission and my g'pa's health, BUT I feel like I really should be a part of one last big show before my mission (btw I leave July 30th to serve in the Buenos Aires, Argentina, South mission...... more to come on this subject later). Tregoney the director was really understanding and will be cool with my decision either way; I'll tell her what I've decided tonight.


SO.... Recap. Pray that I can show my darker side for Cain, and edge-it up for the directors so I can follow through with my plan, get the part, do the show, and feel good about the decision to do it. Vocally I really think this part is the chance of a lifetime and I don't want it to pass by. I've worked too hard up to this point.

No comments: