Wednesday, May 14, 2008

B-E-A-Utiful


Holy cow these 2 weeks are insane! For example, yesterday was work for me from eight to five. I leave straight to pick up my 2 brothers across town at rehearsal and take them to the junior high for an awards assembly. I head straight to the high school to save seats for 1/2 hour for the older 2 siblings' end of the year choir concert, while the rest of my family is at the awards assembly supporting the twins. They quickly head over and we watch the concert (was awesome!) and the twins leave a minute early for something or other. I head with friends to watch Evita (you know.... to get me in the Argentine spirit of things :) ) which we'd been planning for a while. I finally crash at 12:15 and that concludes my day.


THEN this morning I get up around seven. I'm folding my laundry that i left in a pile on my bed the night before b/c I was so tired. Head to the shower, turn the shower on. Water starts going.... slows down.... annnnnnd Stops. Awe--some. The sinks don't work either. I'm like "we didn't pay our water bill? That's never happened." I head upstairs still trying to wake up kind of, looking like death warmed over. And what to my surprise? People all over the place in my parents bedroom and bathroom (Good thing I put on some real clothes.... could have been bad). I'm a bit confused at this point. Find my dad and he's like, "Oh sorry I didn't have a chance to tell you b/c you got home late. We had to be all ready before seven b/c the plumbers turned the water off. We're re-doing our bathroom and they'll be here for a while." Plumber guy says "Yeah it's going to be at least another half-hour or more before we can cap it and you can use it again" (Note: it's 7:35 by this time.... I work at 8:00). So I haul A$$ downstairs and grab my clothes and anything I need to get ready, run out the door and drive to my mom's house 3 miles away. She's going "what the heck are you here for"... I'm going "Don't Ask....". I get all ready and find that she's in near tears b/c she's teaching 21 students worth of piano lessons today b/c of makeups and end of the year stuff... and to top it off she's got a work meeting on the other side of town that was rescheduled for this morning she has to go to... Right Now. So today she'll have been in meetings and teaching from 5:45 AM till 8:30 PM.... no breaks. So she's getting the baby ready to go (cuz it's too late to find a sitter now) and I see my twin brothers in the other room. They missed the bus. It's about 8:20 now and I'm like, screw it, we're all scrambling and I just take em to school. Head to work at 8:30 in lovely morning traffic. Remember that tomorrow is a pre-dress rehearsal for our class-voice recital and realize we've got a lot to work on blocking and music-wise, and wonder if we should cut out a few numbers for the sake of time and not wanting them to be sucky. Snap out of stewing over tomorrow, dodge the psycho cutting me off, arrive at the office forty minutes late.
This is already shaping up to be a B-E-A-Utiful day I can tell.

No comments: