Sunday, May 4, 2008

A New World

Here I am World, welcome to my blog. I've been thinking more and more about making a blog of my own lately and it's coming into fruition. This blog is dedicated to random tidbits of my life, words of beedeejayman wisdom, and all things I feel strongly about. I hope you enjoy stopping by and reading often. Let the good times roll and all that good stuff. I'll try and write every day (maybe more) but no promises. Comments always welcome as I love feedback!

Finally, I want to share a beedeejayman tidbid - the lyrics of a song I love, from the musical Songs for a New World, the namesake of today's first blog. I find these words to be totally true, and life in a small sense is summed up by these words.

A new world calls across the ocean
A new world calls across the sky
A new world whispers in the shadows
Time to fly, time to fly


It's about one moment
The moment before it all becomes clear
And in that one moment
You start to believe there's nothing to fear
It's about one second
And just when you're on the verge of success
The sky starts to change
And the wind starts to blow
And you're suddenly a stranger
There's no explaining where you stand
And you didn't know
That you sometimes have to go
‘Round an unexpected bend
And the road will end
In a new world

Life has in store many "unexpected bends" for us, especially on the verge of our own personal successes. But what we do when that wind starts to blow and buffet us is the true test of life. May we each find some small measure of joy and excitement in life's trials and triumphs for each day may be our last. We are always in motion, and I hope we are each moving towards A New World brighter & better than the last!

2 comments:

Loyal Book Friend said...

"A New World" Woot woot! Gotta love Jason Robert Brown!

kp said...

welcome to the world of blogging!