Wednesday, August 31, 2011

After a leave of absence :-)

Well people,

It's been just over a year since my last post and I was thinking to myself as I wait for my next class to start, "I miss journaling my thoughts in some way. I need to revive my blog." Not that the blog was much ever to begin with, but part of my new schoolyear resolutions this time is to chronicle the times and happenings here in P-town USA. There have been some major developments in my life and more yet to come, so I figure I better get cracking.

First and foremost, I am engaged to the girl of my dreams, miss Tierra Jean. I love her dearly and couldn't imagine a better future wife and companion. We are to be married 11/11/11 (catchy, I know), along with every other person and their dog that day. We joke that it's so I won't forget, yet there's probably a lot of truth in that statement (the memory never was so good). Plans are under way, we have the venue, we have the colors and theme (Black White and Olive for those of you who wanted to know). Lots more to do. We'll be married in Mesa, AZ where I'm from in here. I'm gonna be the 4th generation married in this temple (at least), talk about tradition people. I'm sure I will post more about this later.

As I glanced back at my previous post (more than a year ago ha!) I reminisced at the fact that school has started once again. I'm now a senior at BYU, and a little shocked by the fact that my stay here is almost over. I plan to graduate in April with a degree in Sociology (yeah, I know what do you do with that?) with plans to attend Law School next fall (ahhh you say, there's the moneymaker). T and I have no idea where we'll end up but we look forward anxiously to a new adventure. 3 years of busy awesomeness. In other news I'm a little bit sad about the fact that scheduling does not allow for any choir/music this year during school - last year was riddled with performing groups and opportunities. The fact is, there just wasn't time, or space in my schedule, and I have a required class scheduled right in the middle of choir too. PLUS I would have to be missing a couple concerts and such because of THIS:


Yep, you guessed it. This summer my bro's and I recorded our first album: Faith & Freedom. It was such a blast to make and the story of it's creation (which I will tell another day) is of epic and miraculous proportions. As such, we have been performing all over the place in AZ, both in sacred and community settings. From restaurants to political functions, we have begun to make a small name for ourselves. It's quite fun, and we cherish every moment we have together until I get married and until my brother Jamyn leaves on his mission to Guadalajara, Mexico in October. From there the group's future will be determined, who knows.

You can find info on the group on our facebook page - here, or in the near future on our website here.

For now that's all people, off to a criminology class, but very excited to be back. Can't wait to hear comments and get some followers in the near future and join the great blogosphere out there.

For now its Cougars and Criminology classes.

2 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Well let me be the first to comment. Welcome back to the blogosphere. You have indeed had some pretty BIG changes happen in the last year. Too bad your group is just finding its place in time for jamyn and then the twinners to leave. Boo on that. Looking forward to some more updates.

DianD said...

Wow! I do hope you keep this up since it will probably be the only way to keep up on your happenings. I was SAD :( :( :( to learn that there is no music for you this year. I'm sure Dr. Stahle and Mrs. ??? (her name just left me) are even sadder. However, life happens and marches on and changes occur. I'm sure it will only be a temporary hiatus because music just oozes from every pore and it will burst forth again. 11/11/11 is getting ever closer. :) Best of luck in all your new events this year. Love the CD and I'm soooooo glad you got to record. Love ya B.